Input Password Prompt - input scope

Apr 18, 2011 at 8:14 AM

If I'm not missing something it is not possible today to control the input scope for the InputPasswordPrompt controller to use TelephoneNumber.

I'd like to use it for a 4 digit password input,

Am I missing anything? any plan to support this?

Thanks,

Amir

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2011 at 9:38 PM

That isn't something the passwordbox includes.  I'm thinking of a few ways on how to pull this off. 

I have to see if Mango adds this ability.  If it does, I won't attempt to hack anything in as it is a "for free" addition.

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Thanks for the input - one follow up question.

Is it possible to override the back button for popups and set it like a cancel operation.

I.e. once popup (any popup - not necessarily password one) is shown and a user push the back button the expectation is that it will behave like he canceled this popup.

I believe users would expect such behavior, agree?

Thanks,

Amir

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2011 at 5:35 AM

I have a proof of concept of input scope but it does cause some minor issues.  I'm not sure if it is worth it.  A Textbox has opacity of zero but is placed on top of the password box.  You bind the password's value to the input box.  What you gain is input scope, what you lose is the cursor and the password 1 char "look ahead" (aka *i -> **x style)

Your second question should really be a new thread.  Back buttons will cancel out of the prompt.  It will cause the prompt to fire off the completed event but you can determine it is a cancel event by the PopUpEventArgs

via something like:  e.PopUpResult ==

PopUpResult.Cancelled

If you look at the prompts.xaml.cs in the test application, you can see examples of this.

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Figured out a good solution for this.  Checked in @65589