ColorPicker acts "oddly" when setting an initial color

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Hi,

(I'm using version 1.4.6 for WP OS 7.0, build 69623)

Let me begin by saying thanks for making this control available, especially as an open source project.  Caveats aside, it's nonetheless saved me a lot of time.

Anyhow, I noticed an minor issue with the ColorPicker control (after applying the NullReference fix I discussed in my last post)

Let's say that I have a ColorPicker declared in XAML like this:

<!--Custom color picker with color initialized to Green (#FF00FF00)-->
<coding4fun:ColorPicker Grid.Row="0" 
			x:Name="HighlightColorPicker"
			BorderBrush="#FF666666"
			BorderThickness="3"
			HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"
                       	Height="500"
                        Margin="10"
                        Color="#FF00FF00"
                        ColorChanged="HighlightColorPicker_ColorChanged"/>

To some degree, it does work.  Namely, the Color property of the control is indeed set to Green.  

However, even though the slider appears to be set to the right value, the caveat is that the moving the circular color selector makes it think that the slider is still set to Red.

If I manually adjust the thumb control on the slider, everything works just fine.

In the meantime, I've decided to set the initial color to Red (#FFFF0000), because that's the only way in which the control appears to work in accordance with the XAML).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ash

PS - I'd be happy to send screenshots, but it doesn't appear as though I can do so here.

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2011 at 7:34 PM

sorry, been on a different project.  could you create a bug with a screen shot pointing out the failure and if at all possible a simple repo project that then I can attach into. :-)

I know i have a test use case for this built into the sample test app.

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:26 PM

No problem man.  I can completely relate.  :-)

I'm trying to push out a new beta build of YouVersion for WP7 to our testers ASAP, so I probably won't get to it until this weekend.

Thanks for the reply!

-Ash

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2011 at 11:06 PM

ashvs, any chance you could create a repo / video / bug so I can see exactly what is going on?

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:21 PM
Edited Oct 7, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Sorry for the delay man, I've been spending all of my time pushing out beta builds of YouVersion 2.1 for Windows Phone. I promise to get back to you on this over the weekend.  :-)

-Ash

PS - If you'd like to be a beta tester for Windows Phone, or any other platform, please feel free to fill out our volunteer form @ http://youversion.wufoo.com/forms/s7p5m7/

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2011 at 8:25 PM

I may be able to do a fix before you push if you could whip a repo out :-)

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2011 at 10:34 PM

ashvs, any chance you found a few minutes to do a repo?  :-)

Sep 16, 2011 at 11:34 PM

I just logged an item in the issue tracker corresponding to the first item (the NullRef issue), and I'll get to the other one tomorrow.

I really appreciate your attentiveness to these bug reports!

Thanks man!

-Ash

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2011 at 12:23 AM

awesome, thanks, this will allow me to directly debug against your issue.

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2011 at 2:33 AM

I think this issue was a reflection from http://coding4fun.codeplex.com/workitem/7181

it should have been fixed in 70104

Please verify