ThemedImageConverter

Oct 22, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Hi,

I use the ThemedImageConverter with

<Image Stretch="Fill" Source="{Binding Converter={StaticResource ThemedImageConverter}, ConverterParameter={StaticResource PhoneBackgroundColor} }"
                    DataContext="/Sample;component/Icons/search.png" />

The icon is from the supplied icons in the folder "white, without circle".
In designer the image is displayed correctly, the build process option for the image is "resource".
But if I start the app the icon isn't there. If I choose "content" the icon is neither shown in designer nor on emulator.
What did I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2011 at 7:43 PM

hey iolopo, you're not using it in the proper context.  it doesn't actually inverse the image, it assumes you have both images there in a light and dark directory.

http://coding4fun.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Converters&referringTitle=Documentation&ANCHOR#themedImageConverter

I use to leverage this but switched to a different way for the round button and round toggle buttons.  depends what you need for your application. 

Oct 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2011 at 4:20 PM

hi,

thanks for your hint.

I made now 2 sub-folders ("light" and "dark") with the two different icons and added {0} in the DataContext path.

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2011 at 1:57 PM

sounds like you're all set, what I really should start doing is adding in intellisense ...  never enough time :-)