Cannot find or open the PDB file.

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM
When I build a prodject with controls of the Coding4Fun Toolkit Each time I get the error.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs{BDD713F5-32BF-4DB2-A912-5DF1B1BB7406}\Install\microsoft.phone.controls.toolkit.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

If I comment the control there is no error. For example

<Controls2:RoundButton />

Where Controls2 refers to
xmlns:Controls2="clr-namespace:Coding4Fun.Toolkit.Controls;assembly=Coding4Fun.Toolkit.Controls"

I installed the toolkit with the NuGet packages. Does anny body have an idea what I'm missing?

Martijn
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
The error below is referencing the Windows Phone toolkit. Any chance you could upload a sample repro and log a bug so I can take a deeper look?

The only thing on the toolkit that takes a reference to that kit is the test project. (Just did a sanity check in source). Also did a test on a file->new windows phone 8 and grabbed the toolkit from nuget with no problems.
  • clint
Apr 17, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Edited Apr 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I've email you the code it didn't fit in this window
Apr 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Center="{Binding Center, Mode=TwoWay}" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Background="Black"

/>

<StackPanel Grid.Row="1" 
			Grid.Column="1"
                    >
<!--********** Temporary buttons for testing *********-->
            <Button Height="100" Width="100"
				Command="{Binding VmMapFollow.ZoomAdd, Mode=OneWay, Source={StaticResource Locator}}">
                <Button.Background>
                    <ImageBrush Stretch="Fill" ImageSource="/images/+.png"/>
                </Button.Background>

</Button>
				Command="{Binding VmMapFollow.ZoomMin, Mode=OneWay, Source={StaticResource Locator}}">
                <Button.Background>
                    <ImageBrush Stretch="Fill" ImageSource="/images/-.png"/>
                </Button.Background>

</Button>
<!--*********************************************-->  

<!--********** Test 1  Not working  *********-->
<!-- <Controls2:RoundButton/>-->
<!--********** TODO Hopes this is the end version for these buttons *********-->
  <!--<Controls2:RoundButton
                Command="{Binding VmMapFollow.ZoomAdd, Mode=OneWay, Source={StaticResource Locator}}" >
                    <Controls2:RoundButton.Background>
                    </Controls2:RoundButton.Background>
            </Controls2:RoundButton>

<Controls2:RoundButton 
                Command="{Binding VmMapFollow.ZoomMin, Mode=OneWay, Source={StaticResource Locator}}">
            </Controls2:RoundButton>-->

</StackPanel>

<Controls1:ToggleSwitch Grid.Row="2" Content="Track/Overview"
						 >
            <i:Interaction.Triggers>
                <i:EventTrigger EventName="Checked">
                    <cmd:EventToCommand 
						Command="{Binding VmMapFollow.SwitchView, Mode=OneWay, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"
				   />
                </i:EventTrigger>
                <i:EventTrigger EventName="Unchecked">
						Command="{Binding VmMapFollow.SwitchView, Mode=OneWay, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"
				   />
            </i:Interaction.Triggers>
        </Controls1:ToggleSwitch>
        <Button Grid.Row="2" Grid.Column="1" Height="120" Command="{Binding Change, Mode=OneWay}" >
            <Button.Background>
                <ImageBrush Stretch="Fill" ImageSource="/images/mapIcon.png"/>
            </Button.Background>
        </Button>
    </Grid>
</UserControl>
The error that appears is :
A first chance exception of type 'System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException' occurred in System.Windows.ni.dll. The code breaks at the closing Brackets of the code below so the InitializeComponent(); has already been called.
  public ViewMapTrack()
        {
            InitializeComponent();

}
The output window gives:

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\mscorlib.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Windows.RuntimeHost.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Windows.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Net.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Xml.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{BDD713F5-32BF-4DB2-A912-5DF1B1BB7406}\Install\RoutePlannerSimple.DLL'. Symbols loaded.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Phone.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{BDD713F5-32BF-4DB2-A912-5DF1B1BB7406}\Install\ViewMap.DLL'. Symbols loaded.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{BDD713F5-32BF-4DB2-A912-5DF1B1BB7406}\Install\TCT.MVVM.Phone.DLL'. Symbols loaded.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Phone.Maps.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{BDD713F5-32BF-4DB2-A912-5DF1B1BB7406}\Install\TCT.MVVM.EventToCommandPhone.DLL'. Symbols loaded.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Phone.Interop.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{BDD713F5-32BF-4DB2-A912-5DF1B1BB7406}\Install\system.windows.interactivity.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\WinMetadata\Windows.winmd'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Device.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{BDD713F5-32BF-4DB2-A912-5DF1B1BB7406}\Install\microsoft.phone.controls.toolkit.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

Hopefully this the information you've asked for.
Martijn Carol
Sent: ‎Wednesday‎, ‎April‎ ‎17‎, ‎2013 ‎4‎:‎48‎ ‎PM
To: [email removed]

The error below is referencing the Windows Phone toolkit. Any chance you could upload a sample repro and log a bug so I can take a deeper look?

The only thing on the toolkit that takes a reference to that kit is the test project. (Just did a sanity check in source). Also did a test on a file->new windows phone 8 and grabbed the toolkit from nuget with no problems.
  • clint
Apr 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Hello Crutas,

I’m not sure what you meant with upload a sample repro. But here the XAML of my first trail with the Coding4Fun.Toolkit.
The green commented part is the part that doesn't work. The code below is working with a normal button.
<UserControl 

xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
	xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
	xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008"
	xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006"

xmlns:Toolkit="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Phone.Maps.Toolkit;assembly=Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Toolkit" 
    xmlns:Controls2="clr-namespace:Coding4Fun.Toolkit.Controls;assembly=Coding4Fun.Toolkit.Controls"  
    xmlns:Controls1="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Phone.Controls;assembly=Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Toolkit"  
    xmlns:Controls="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Phone.Maps.Controls;assembly=Microsoft.Phone.Maps"

xmlns:cmd="clr-namespace:TCT.MVVM.EventToCommand;assembly=TCT.MVVM.EventToCommandPhone"
    xmlns:i="clr-namespace:System.Windows.Interactivity;assembly=System.Windows.Interactivity"

xmlns:phone="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Phone.Controls;assembly=Microsoft.Phone"

x:Class="ViewMap.ViewMapTrack"

mc:Ignorable="d"
	FontFamily="{StaticResource PhoneFontFamilyNormal}"
	FontSize="{StaticResource PhoneFontSizeNormal}"
	Foreground="{StaticResource PhoneForegroundBrush}"
	d:DesignHeight="600" d:DesignWidth="480"
    >

<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="{StaticResource PhoneChromeBrush}"

>
            <i:EventTrigger EventName="SizeChanged">
					Command="{Binding VmMapFollow.Newsize, Mode=OneWay, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"
					CommandParameter="{Binding ElementName=LayoutRoot, Mode=OneWay}" />
            <i:EventTrigger EventName="Loaded">
					Command="{Binding VmMapFollow.Newsize, Mode=OneWay, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"

CommandParameter="{Binding ElementName=LayoutRoot, Mode=OneWay}" 
                />

<Grid.RowDefinitions>
            <RowDefinition />
            <RowDefinition Height="19*"/>
            <RowDefinition Height="120"/>
        </Grid.RowDefinitions>
        <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
            <ColumnDefinition/>
            <ColumnDefinition Width="120"/>
        </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
        <Grid Grid.ColumnSpan="2">
            <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                <ColumnDefinition Width="*"/>
            </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<Grid Grid.Column ="0" 
				Background="{Binding VmMapFollow.V0, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"/>
            <Grid Grid.Column ="1"
				Background="{Binding VmMapFollow.V1, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"/>
            <Grid Grid.Column ="2"
				Background="{Binding VmMapFollow.V2, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"/>
            <Grid Grid.Column ="3"
				Background="{Binding VmMapFollow.V3, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"/>
            <Grid Grid.Column ="4"
				Background="{Binding VmMapFollow.V4, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"/>
            <Grid Grid.Column ="5"
				Background="{Binding VmMapFollow.V5, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"/>
            <Grid Grid.Column ="6"
				Background="{Binding VmMapFollow.V6, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"/>
            <Grid Grid.Column ="7"
				Background="{Binding VmMapFollow.V7, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"/>
            <Grid Grid.Column ="8"
				Background="{Binding VmMapFollow.V8, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"/>
            <Grid Grid.Column ="9"
				Background="{Binding VmMapFollow.V9, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"/>
            <Grid Grid.Column ="10"
				Background="{Binding VmMapFollow.V10, Source={StaticResource Locator}}"/>

<TextBlock Grid.ColumnSpan="10" Text="Speed 0 till 25"/>

</Grid>
        <Controls:Map x:Name="map" Grid.Row="1"

CartographicMode="{Binding CartographicMode, Mode=TwoWay}"
			LandmarksEnabled="{Binding LandmarksEnabled, Mode=TwoWay}"
			Pitch="{Binding Pitch, Mode=TwoWay}"
			Heading="{Binding Heading, Mode=TwoWay}"
			ZoomLevel="{Binding ZoomLevel, Mode=TwoWay}"
			Center="{Binding Center, Mode=TwoWay}" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Background="Black"

/>

<StackPanel Grid.Row="1" 
			Grid.Column="1"
                    >
				Command="{Binding VmMapFollow.ZoomAdd, Mode=OneWay, Source={StaticResource Locator}}">
                <Button.Background>
                </Button.Background>

</Button>
                <Button.Background>
                </Button.Background>

</Button>

Command="{Binding VmMapFollow.ZoomAdd, Mode=OneWay, Source={StaticResource Locator}}" >

</StackPanel>

<Controls1:ToggleSwitch Grid.Row="2" Content="Track/Overview"
						 >
                <i:EventTrigger EventName="Checked">
				   />
                <i:EventTrigger EventName="Unchecked">
				   />
        </Controls1:ToggleSwitch>
        <Button Grid.Row="2" Grid.Column="1" Height="120" Command="{Binding Change, Mode=OneWay}" >
            <Button.Background>
                <ImageBrush Stretch="Fill" ImageSource="/images/mapIcon.png"/>
            </Button.Background>
        </Button>
    </Grid>
</UserControl>

A first chance exception of type 'System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException' occurred in System.Windows.ni.dll. The code breaks at the closing Brackets of the code below so the InitializeComponent(); has already been called.
public ViewMapTrack()
{
InitializeComponent();

}
  public ViewMapTrack()
        {
            InitializeComponent();

}
The output window gives:

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\mscorlib.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Windows.RuntimeHost.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Windows.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Net.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Xml.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{BDD713F5-32BF-4DB2-A912-5DF1B1BB7406}\Install\RoutePlannerSimple.DLL'. Symbols loaded.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Phone.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{BDD713F5-32BF-4DB2-A912-5DF1B1BB7406}\Install\ViewMap.DLL'. Symbols loaded.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{BDD713F5-32BF-4DB2-A912-5DF1B1BB7406}\Install\TCT.MVVM.Phone.DLL'. Symbols loaded.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Phone.Maps.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{BDD713F5-32BF-4DB2-A912-5DF1B1BB7406}\Install\TCT.MVVM.EventToCommandPhone.DLL'. Symbols loaded.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Phone.Interop.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{BDD713F5-32BF-4DB2-A912-5DF1B1BB7406}\Install\system.windows.interactivity.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\WinMetadata\Windows.winmd'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Device.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{BDD713F5-32BF-4DB2-A912-5DF1B1BB7406}\Install\microsoft.phone.controls.toolkit.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

Hopefully this the information you've asked for.
Martijn Carol
Sent: ‎Wednesday‎, ‎April‎ ‎17‎, ‎2013 ‎4‎:‎48‎ ‎PM
To: [email removed]

• clint
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2013 at 3:51 PM
A repro (reproduce) is a way I can run over and over again and be able to debug the problem as you as seeing it. Me attempting to create it may cause the issue not to surface. Right now I see you're using a mvvm framework, something I didn't test for.

https://coding4fun.codeplex.com/WorkItem/Create, zip up the repro project, and add it in there.
Apr 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I've soveld the problem it was something stupid from my site. I did install the NuGet packages only in a class libery and not in the main prodject. Sorry for the incovinence.

Martijn
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM
woot! Glad it is resolved (and not a bug in the kit). That is the type of problem I wouldn't have been able to spot without you creating a repro for me :-)