Localization

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Hi,

(sorry for my bad english)


I have a problem with localization of toolkit in my app.

I created a new Windows Phone 8 App and installed Coding4Fun Control package via nuget
Then I added TimeSpanPicker control to my app page.

now, if I start the App, is the laguage of TimeSpanPicker english an not germany like in my app.
Coordinator
Nov 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Is your application localized or are all your strings hard coded? Is your emulator set to Germany?
Nov 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM
My App is localized. emulator is set to germany. all strings in my app are germany. strings in TimeSpanPickerPage but appear in english. for example, hour, minute, second instead of Stunde, Minute, Sekunde

the same behavior is also with other languages
Coordinator
Dec 1, 2013 at 2:58 AM
I can't repro this. I did the following steps.
  1. start emulator (mine starts in English)
  2. run c4f toolkit sample app
  3. timespan shows English
  4. go to settings in WP
  5. change region to German
  6. emulator restarts
  7. run c4f toolkit again
  8. timespan shows german
ImageImageImageImage
Dec 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Hi,

it works with the sample app. But not with my own test app. why???

I think that the localized resource DLL can not be found.
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM
can you create a sample repro?
Dec 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I've found my (my ?) mistake!
So, after installing the toolkit, I have a new reference in my project. Reference to Coding4Fun.Toolkit.Controls.dll

This dll is located, for example, under "C: \ Users \ AAAA \ documents \ visual studio 2012 \ Projects \ PhoneApp1 \ packages \ Coding4Fun.Toolkit.Controls.2.0.7 \ lib \ windowsphone8 \"

but there are no resource files in this folder.

So I have created a new folder (de for german) and copied the german Coding4Fun.Toolkit.Controls.resources.dll into "de" folder.

And now, it works!
Marked as answer by WPAppDev on 12/3/2013 at 7:29 AM
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM
actually, I think this is a legit bug. my tester app always does a project reference, not a nuget reference. Made a reference to this forum thread. https://coding4fun.codeplex.com/workitem/8988