Using Mode=TwoWay when binding to IsIndeterminate of the PerformanceProgressBar

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Hi,

I wonder if you could confirm my usage of the PerformanceProgressBar.

I am binding to the IsIndeterminate property and have found that if I want to reuse the PerformanceProgressBar between page navigations I need to set the Mode of the binding to TwoWay. Having reviewed Jeff Wilcox's blog post, he does not specify the Mode for the binding.

Thank you very much for your help.

Paul Diston

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2011 at 7:08 PM

My control and his example usage are slightly different.  I directly bind visibility to IsIndeterminate so if the control is Collapsed, IsIndetermine is off.  If you change visibility, it would erase the value you had stored in it prior due to the direct binding.  This is a oneway binding.  You can view that here: http://coding4fun.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/61692#1113328

I did this to simply the usage of the control and ensure that if it is off, it is really off.

Could you explain why you'd want to reuse the control between pages.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Maybe reuse is not the correct term, however I would like to be able to show indeterminate progress again between page navigations as I have a login page which I then navigate to a post login page, from here I can then return to the login page via a back key press. At this point I can then login again, however without the two way binding on the IsIndeterminate property, when I attempt the second login, the progress bar is made visibile however the progress animation is not shown.

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2011 at 8:28 AM

In the sample app included, I'm going from the main page to the progressbar page and it continues to work.  Can you file a bug with a a sample attached for me so I can better understand what is happening?  http://coding4fun.codeplex.com/WorkItem/Create

This will provide me both a work item / know what you're experiencing so I can help get the issue closed out. 

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2011 at 6:55 AM

Thanks, Fixed!