Toast Notification control?

Feb 16, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Sometimes it is useful to have a toast like notification when a background process (such as an async download) has completed just to notify the user, whilst it is not that difficult to put one together would be nice to have it available in a toolkit such as yours. 

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:21 PM

This is someting I'm currently working on.  It is listed as a "future control" idea.  It is something that I want to get right as it is something people use in real life as a system control.

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Just checked it in

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Wow, that was quick - I'll take a look at it as soon as I can.

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:42 PM

It was pure luck i was working on this already.  Few small tweaks that I thought I need to do still to it that i thought up.

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Are you going to create a NuGet package for your controls to allow easier addition and updating in Visual Studio projects?

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Check the front page, nuget support was added Feb 13th.  Not sure if I'll constantly rev the nuget package however with source code rev's or rev it with larger releases

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:59 AM

I am not seeing how to get the prompt to display when the application is running in the background.

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Use a toastshell (believe that is the correct name) control.  The native control won't display while in an application where mine will.  On the flip side, mine needs the actual application to be displayed.

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I see now, thank you!