Bypass TimeSpanPicker and go straight to TimeSpanPickerPage?

May 31, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Hey guys and thanks a lot for the excellent additions to controls for WP7! Love em!

Got an issue though, that I've not yet managed to solve.

I'd like to be able to launch the TimeSpanPickerPage without having a TimeSpanPicker element to click.

What I figured would work just swell was to create a new TimeSpanPicker, use NavigationService to launch the TimeSpanPickerPage, once the time has been input by the user and he taps "Ok", the variables could then be drawn out of the TimeSpanPicker / TimeSpanPickerPage var to further work on.

So far, all my attempts has been in vain. Could someone provide me some insight here?

Cheers and thanks in advance for helping a complete rookie to C# & WP7 development.

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2011 at 2:57 AM

So what you're wanting isn't as easy as it sounds as you found out.  The PickerPage and the Picker are closely linked and have multiple abstraction layers.  The "OnComplete" on the PickerPage actually does a navigation back to get back to the previous page.

Is it you want to have the PickerPage to fire off then navigate to a new page or you want to know the value has changed?  The Picker itself does have a ValueChanged event.

I need more detail on the exact ask here.

Jun 1, 2011 at 6:01 AM

Thanks for replying crutkas. I'll try to give you some more info.

The WP7 app I'm developing is a countdown timer.
When the user is at the countdown pivot page, he will see a list of different countdown timers he has added earlier. He will also have the possibility of tapping the add new timer button on the Action Bar. I want that button to fire the PickerPage to get some of the stress of multiple page navigations away.

Mar 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Please add this option to the toolkit! I also would like to add an TimeSpanPicker without the DropDown menu.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2012 at 10:09 PM

do myTimeSpanPicker.OpenPicker();

in XAML, have the actual picker collapsed